Cheap airlines and budget accommodation have made it much easier for us to travel on a budget. Here are some of the best ways to dig out the best deals when you are holiday hunting:
- Sign up to cheap flight notifications. You will get an email every time Â flight comes up that is especially cheap. Monitor them carefully to pick your next destination.
- Look on price comparison sites. They will show you the price of different types of accommodation alongside each other.
- Look on hostel websites. Hostels offer decent budget accommodation. Browse the hostels in your destination and see if you can find something to suit.
- Browse the various tour providers in the area. Often they will sell trips and tours for a similar price but you may find yourself a cheaper option.
- Travel on unusual dates. Go on holiday midweek and get the flights nobody else wants – it might not be the most convenient option but it will be cheap.